|Job Type||Permanent full-time|
|Location||Germany (various locations)|
|Sector||Non-Sales - Software Asset ManagerNon-Sales - ConsultantNon-Sales - SAM Consultant|
- My client are looking for a consultant to join their growing licensing consulting services (LCS) team in EMEA. The role has opportunity for future growth and specialisation. The core elements for this specific role are:
- Support customer success in the field of Software Asset Management
- Acting as a key point of contact for managed services across the software lifecycle, especially in German speaking markets
- Working with industry leading SAM tools from an operational perspective to deliver licensing positions and a wide variety of related reposting
To analyse and process customer provided data to perform the following:
- Perform licensing reconciliation services
- Data quality assessments – for example, to support the processing of licensing entitlement records
- Feed through into analysis processes, potentially within and outside of their analysis aides and third party partner tools
- Review of licensing agreements, specifically obligations and usage rights that fall outside of default models or standard EULAs
- Build and utilise knowledge of software licensing to support our EMEA wide licensing desk, internal teammate enquiries and delivery of our managed service operations
- Manage internal and external customer satisfaction, working towards a continually high level of pro-activity and engagement success
- Producing and maintaining documentation to support work performed. The role will involve close interaction with teammates who may be located overseas.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of our LCS practice. This may involve supporting solutions to customer specific needs and scenarios.
- Move into a senior or specialist licensing consulting and advisory role
- Broaden experience and knowledge across software publishers
- Develop specific skills with respect to SAM tooling, data analytics, business processes, licensing strategies etc.
· German – mother tongue or a high level of fluency
· English – ability to communicate well in written and oral form
· Location – preferably München, with a secondary option of Wien or Mainz.
· IT/licensing knowledge or background for at least one software publisher, with a desire to develop further licensing knowledge and skills
· Experience of licensing reconciliation processes and SAM tools
· Ability to communicate with operational and management personnel, both internally and with clients
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Teamwork : All work is in a team environment, including teammates and customers who may be overseas. Being willing and able to partner internally and externally to achieve successful outcomes is essential .
- Communication Skills:English: Both in written and oral forms. The right candidate will be pro-active in having conversations. Other language skills are appreciated.
- Success based focus:The ability to work with a variety of teammates, customers and partners to reach a positive outcome.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE / CHARACTERISTICS
· Operational knowledge of a SAM tool, such as Flexera, Snow or Aspera
· Knowledge of licensing models for one or more software publishers gained from working in a SAM environment
· Other language capabilities – European or major global languages
· An ability to communicate effectively with teammates. A key example will be presenting results of analyses performed highlighting methods used, exceptions, issues, trends, observations and recommendations
· Technical knowledge and ability to work with a variety of data sets is advantageous
· Experience of or exposure to IT tools such as Microsoft SCCM, ServiceNow, SQL scripting etc. is not essential but may be helpful
· A resourceful and pro-active attitude that focuses on finding successful paths
· Data analysis skills and the ability to summarise key points and highlight issues and exceptions
· Travel to client sites is likely to be required in the normal course of work, although this may be sporadic. This will typically be within German speaking territories.